The proposed Aquafeed Plant will be a modern extrusion plant producing quality pelleted aquafeed for PPI’s aquaculture facility, local markets and export. The advantages of extruded feeds include:
• Predictable quality and stability without freezing requirement
• Facilitates flexible feeding regimes and ease of handling
• Allows optimisation of feed requirements for various growth stages
• Increases fish growth and improves ultimate flesh quality and colour
• Allows simple delivery of nutritional supplements and medication
Key inputs to the aquafeed plant will be delivered by the Plentex agri-product plant which will include: coconut flour, rice bran, cassava/tapioca meal and ultimately fish meal/oil.