The proposed Aquafeed Plant will be a modern extrusion plant producing quality pelleted aquafeed for PPI’s aquaculture facility, local markets and export. The advantages of extruded feeds include:
- Predictable quality and stability without freezing requirement
- Facilitates flexible feeding regimes and ease of handling
- Allows optimisation of feed requirements for various growth stages
- Increases fish growth and improves ultimate flesh quality and colour
- Allows simple delivery of nutritional supplements and medication
Key inputs to the aquafeed plant will be delivered by the Plentex agri-product plant which will include: coconut flour, rice bran, cassava/tapioca meal and ultimately fish meal/oil.